Sunday, December 10, 2006

Shimelle's Christmas Journal

Ok, this is the most amazing class I've ever taken - so what if it's the first class I've ever taken! HA! I have completely come to love Shimelle Laine and her glittery posts! She's such a cutie and the Christmas Album class is truly inspiring. And let me tell you, after the sick-filled weekend we've had around here, I could sure use some inspiring!

I think I first heard of Shimelle a year or two ago now when I saw all these amazing albums coming out of her holiday album class. I immediately had put it on my "to do" list and then (as is par for the course) promptly forgot. I was reminded again last year when my friend Lisa signed up to take it, but this year's excuse was that I was too late. Apparently, I just don't "do" Christmas when it comes to scrapping. It must be the lack of time, the lack of decent pictures, the lack of something and well, it just never gets done.

So this year I was determined to be different and this time I am actually doing it! I've had such a ball and was hoping you don't mind me sharing a few pages here and there. I'm desperately behind, but swimming to catch up!

I decided to use a small 6x6 SEI album and all BasicGrey papers - from the Blitzen/Dasher lines. My common element (as I'm sure you'll soon see) is a little cut out tree that you'll find somewhere on every page.

Here is the Cover and Title Page:











The Dedication Page and Christmas Weather Page:











My Advent Calendar & Card Pages:











The mini card on this page is actually a replica of the Christmas Cards I sent out this year.

Holiday Shopping and Views of Christmas Around Us Pages:











Ok, I have to say by FAR the shopping page is my fave ;)

Thanks for letting me share! Hope you had a wonderful, stress-free shopping weekend!

16 comments:

Jana said...

Oooooo, I LOVE your journal....so fun & festive! Good for you for doing this, for staying creative at this hectic time of year, that's more than I can say I'm doing and I really miss my creative time!!

Roxy Roller said...

Love your pages! You are amazing! Someday I will do a Christmas album!

Hope you are having a blessed season!

Micaela said...

*gushing voice* Woooooow Kelly!

Blown away by your talent, as always. That is just the cutest mini album, thanks for sharing.

Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love your Christmas album! Great pic of papers and fabulous layouts. Great trees! Glad you took the time this busy holiday season to do something for you and your family--something lasting. That's what it should be all about. so much of the "busyness" has little lasting effect.

nicole said...

Love,love, love these pages!!! I really need to do this next year..and now I don't feel so bad hearing it's not only me that always thinks "next year" :)
Nicole

Anonymous said...

Kelly, I just found your blog via Kelli's. How confusing is that? :0

Love, love your Christmas art journal pages. I would love to take this class next year.

Your boys are just the cutest.

Have a great week!

Unknown said...

Oh my wow!! I LOVE your album!!
How I long to scrap...need supplies..need time..need mojo to keep flowing!! ~Dawn

Miranda said...

Wauw, you're journal rocks!
I love it very much!!!

Anonymous said...

Kelly...I absolutely love this! Thanks for sharing.....

Anonymous said...

I love your journal! I haven't even started!!!! That is my gift to myself...quiet time to play...this weekend!
Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Oh this is AMAZING... TOTALLY LOVE everything about it!

SusannaT said...

Kelly, I looooooooooooooove your journal!
Can I come shopping at Target with you? Man I miss that place!
Isn't this a fun class?
I took it last year, I have the album rolling on the sidebar of my blog... Christmas decorations on my blog...heheheee...

Raven said...

Kelly! I just found your blog! These pages are GORGEOUS! I'm saving them for future reference... :)

Missy said...

Oh my, I absolutely LOVE this christmas journal. I have wanted to do one of these for a few years now. This year I at least made notes to myself everyday since Thanksgiving. Seeing this journal gives me so much inspiration to get those notes properly located in a journal. Thanks so much for sharing your class project!

Anonymous said...

oh kelly,
your art journal is GORGEOUS!
oh my goodness...just lovely!
i LOVE your Christmas card too--can i ask where that little snowman is from--is he digital?
love your work, girlie!
Merry Christmas to you and your boys (including hubby)!

Latharia said...

Love the mini-card idea!