Friday, November 28, 2008

first photo session.

A couple of months ago I received an email from Kristie, a fellow scrapbooker that I met through Scrapbook.com. Kristie lives in my town and she and her husband were expecting their 3rd...and 4th!! child and she wanted to know if I might be intersted in coming to do a photo session of them when they arrived. I was so over-the-moon excited and incredibly flattered.

The big day came just a week ago and those sweet little babes made their arrival - at 3 weeks early but healthy and so very beautiful! So on Wednesday I went to spend the morning with them and do my very first photo session ever (for someone other than family :)). It was truly amazing. I was in awe of these two and how different they were even at 5 days old. Baby Boy was so calm and laid back, very even tempered, while his sister was much more fiesty and with a headful of hair! The session went pretty smoothly considering we were dealing with keeping not only one but two babies happy. Kristie, her friend Erin (and my friend, Stacy) did such a fantastic job helping me out during and preparing me before!

So to Kristie I want to say, thank you. Thank you for thinking enough of me and my work that you were willing to share your family with me for the day. I truly appreciate you giving me the chance to learn and practice and I hope you're pleased with your images!
How can your heart not melt seeing these two? Isn't it precious how their faces just snuggle so close together? At one point, she was even sucking on his fingers and nose!
Look at those sweet baby bellies. They were so new that their umbilical stumps were still attached.
This is baby girl - just look at all that beautiful hair and those perfect features.
And her brother - such a snugglebug! He was still so "bendy" and would just curl into a teeny ball while his sister preferred stretching out everywhere!
Do you think Kristie would have noticed if I took them with me when I left?
Yeah.
Me too. ;)

21 comments:

melle said...

Hello from Germany!
This photos are so awesome and the babys are very cute. They are sweet as sugar. Thank you for sharing the pictures witz us.
Greetings - Melanie

Cass said...

Stunning photos. Well done! :)
It would have helped to have such adorable subjects.

Micaela said...

Precious! You're so clever! :)

Tracey said...

These two are absolutely adorable!!! Beautiful pictures Kelly!

Haberdawoman said...

Beautiful photos!
Looking at those two little angels makes me want to go for #3 ;D

Sheila said...

wow, what beautiful shots & the subjects are just gorgeous too! :o)

HallMom said...

Oh Kelly! These are stunning! You really captured these too well. I just keep looking at the photos over and over! Thank you so much for coming over and doing a photo session of the twins. These photos are such keepsakes for us!

Ella Swan said...

Oh boy, these shots are just brilliant! You should be feeling very proud of yourself right now...

Jenny B in Indy said...

Awe.. how precious!!! Great pictures!

julie.schellin said...

gorgeous...I'm speechless

pakosta said...

YOur photos have just gotten better and better in these last 5 years since i have "known" yoU!
AMAZING!!!!!!! you did an awesome job! and the babies are PRECIOUS!
tara

Dria said...

The babies are beautiful and you did a wonderful job capturing the essence of twins.

Anonymous said...

Wow, Kelly! Gorgeous photos! You are sure one talented girl!!! Those sweet babies are tooo precious!
Thanks for sharing!
Kathy F

pattyb said...

The pictures are perfect and the babies are beautiful. What a fun way to spend a morning.

Anonymous said...

awwwwwwwwwwwww... you did awesome!!!

Linda Eggleton said...

Wow, what beautiful little babies....they're so perfect! You've done an awesome job with your photography...you should be very proud! Well done!

Evelien said...

ooooh, such a cute baby's!!!

Lindsay Teague Moreno | 5ive Photo said...

well, obviously this makes my heart go pitter patter! Great job!

Lindsay

Sara said...

Beautiful photos. Wow. Such a stunning pair of cute little ones!

Anonymous said...

Great job! Stacy shared your experience with me. Would you agree that it's harder thank it looks, but the pay offs are big...

chrisw said...

Gorgeous Gorgeous Photos KellyTFS